Guest Post: Simona Elena's Love of Books

by - April 17, 2014


I am so incredibly honoured to share a very special post with you today from the beautiful Simona Elena from Sky's Book Corner.

Simona and I started blogging around the same time, and her support and friendship throughout my journey has become very important to me. I am proud to have Simona as a friend and book blogging buddy, and so incredibly excited to be hosting her on my blog today.

So, without further adieu, join me in entering Simona's book journey - what's inspired her love of books and a Q&A with Simona to get the juicy gossip about her blog.




<3 Love of Books <3



I precisely remember the moment I fell in love with reading. Actually, I didn’t like reading when I was a child. It was almost like torture. Thank god for J.K. Rowling and her Harry Potter books. I got the first Harry Potter book as a present for my birthday and I started reading it. I couldn’t put this book down anymore and I got hooked to books and reading more and more. Of course, especially after every single Harry Potter book. I read the first three in German first and then when the Goblet of Fire came out, I started with the English one. When I think back, I’ve have read these books several times in German and also English.

At high school we also had to read a lot of books and I enjoyed that every time. Well, almost, some books were very boring. For my final exams I had to choose the books and there was no doubt I chose Pride and Prejudice and Oliver Twist. When the last Harry Potter book came out, I was in Canada for holidays and I had the measles, with fever and everything. My whole family travelled around and I had to lie around, but I had this awesome book to keep me company.

Then the Twilight books came along and I really enjoyed reading them, I couldn’t put them down. Apart from that I found it hard to find a right genre for myself, the right book with the spark just didn’t come along.

I read chick-lit and romance books from time to time, mostly in German and reading in German isn’t for me. When I started University I mostly read Harry Potter fan fiction and also wrote my own ones.

I read a book from time to time, but not that regularly.

Last summer everything changed. I took two books to my holidays in the Ticino, the Italian part if Switzerland. I started reading One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon and I couldn’t put the book down, I was so addicted and fell in love with Paige’s writing. My mum gave me The Wish List by Jane Costello to read after that and so my holidays past really fast with some wonderful books.



Back home I instantly went to my local bookstores and bought or ordered all Paige Toon books. That’s when it all started again. I bought book after book and also started writing reviews. At first I posted a review every two weeks, then every week and now regularly.

Reading means so much to me.

- Reading is dreaming with open eyes. –

I love this quote and for me that's what reading is all about. You dive into another world and you can imagine and see the characters in your head. 

For me this quote totally describes what reading means to me. You dive into a story and can see this whole other world of a book, the story and the characters. I love to imagine all the scenes and characters and it lets me forget everything around me. I can forget about daily life and all my problems and enjoy the lovely world of a book. I can forget every thing else around me and relax when I’m reading. Every book is a new adventure for me and sometimes I don’t want to leave it.



Q&A with Simona Elena



1. What made you decide to start your own blog?
In my summer break I finally read One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon and I absolutely loved it. Then I started reading The Wish List by Jane Costello and that was so much fun as well. I enjoyed Paige’s books so much, that I bought all her other books and read one after another. I wrote her on Twitter and kind of got introduced to this whole book blogging world, by reading reviews for the books I bought. I started writing my own reviews and after two or three I decided to post them online on a blog. And here I am now. I love reading so much; books mean so much to me and blogging is a great way to share it with others. I was also looking for a way to put down my thoughts and discuss the books I read, so this is perfect. 

2. What has been the hardest thing about running your blog?

Doing all the planning and also including all the author requests. I’m not accepting them all, because it would be too much and sometimes it’s not my genre. I just don’t understand that some authors don’t seem to accept this. I also had to get used to this whole blogging world first. I didn’t have any experience, so it was hard, but I’m learning something new everyday.


3. What is your favourite part of having a blog?

Reading books of course ;) No well, I love being able to read so many books and especially getting to know and being in touch with so many brilliant authors. I’ve also made a lot of great friends on Twitter, their support is overwhelming and I’m so grateful for their friendship.


4. If you could pick 1 of your favourite authors to guest star on your blog, who would you pick?

I can just pick one?! That’s too hard, there are so many great authors out there. Sorry, but these three instantly came to mind and I’d like to name them all: Aven Ellis, Hannah Beckerman and Paige Toon. I love their books, their writing is brilliant and I enjoy being in touch with them on Twitter.




5. And finally, have you got any big plans for your blog this year?

Well, lots of reviews of course, my TBR is huge and growing and growing. I’m still having my quote posts from time to time on different topics. Then I’ll also let you know about my other passions like music and travelling etc. I’m planning to have a Book Boyfriend post/feature and show you all my favourite book covers.

I’d like to do a huge giveaway when I reach 1000 followers on Twitter and I’d like to do something special on the blog on my birthday, I just don’t know what yet.

Last but not least, I’m planning a big Advent Calendar for Christmas with reviews, giveaways, my own short stories and more.


Simona Elena – Sky’s Book Corner


You May Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *