Book Review: The Escape by C L Taylor

by - August 10, 2017


Published:
23 March 2017
Avon Books


About the book:

When a stranger asks Jo Blackmore for a lift she says yes, then swiftly wishes she hadn't.

The stranger knows Jo's name, she knows her husband Max and she's got a glove belonging to Jo's two year old daughter Elise.

What begins with a subtle threat swiftly turns into a nightmare as the police, social services and even Jo's own husband turn against her.

No one believes that Elise is in danger. But Jo knows there's only one way to keep her child safe – RUN.



My thoughts:

When I first received The Escape the cover in itself grabbed my attention. There is so much atmosphere in the dark smokey scene that you almost feel the goosebumps and chills before you even open the pages. 

Right from page one Taylor creates tension within the story. It begins with Jo Blackmore feeling that someone is following her and as the tension and pace build in that first chapter I could feel my own heart begin to race, the panic building as if you can feel that person coming up behind you. Taylor's ability to pull you emotionally into the story from the very first sentence is an extremely incredible talent. 

All Jo Blackmore wants to do is protect her daughter, but that's made a lot more difficult when nobody around her believes the threat that she faces, not even her husband. This book will have you questioning who you can trust. Every time you think you know what's going on it will flip everything on it's head and have your head spinning. 

I felt like I held my breath the entire way through this story - I could not put this book down. So if you decide to do the right thing and pick up a copy be prepared for some late night reading as you won't be able to stop! 

I give The Escape;



Get your hands on a copy:


Don't forget to pop a comment below to let me know what you thought of the book too! I love to hear your thoughts too.

Chat soon beautifuls,



You May Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *